Pages

Just Having Fun-Early Bird Challenge













Our new group
The Latest Trends in Mixed Media Arts
has a challenge this month
where you have to use either texture,
3-D paste, or molding paste - either a brass or plastic stencil,
or a rubber stamp, any type of paint, any color palette,
and you can add one found object and one other thing
of your choice.


Well, since I can't officially participate
in the challenge I just had to try it!
I used molding paste on a 5x7 canvas,
pressed a leaf from one of the trees
that we have here in the backyard,
I then applied a yellow glaze,
and then sprayed it with Ranger's
color wash. I applied some brown
polish to some of the areas to make
the leaf stand out more and then used
different colors of rub and buff.
I used the "found" rusted safety pin that
I gathered today and added some beads to it. I had fun with this!



11 comments:

A Note From The Queen said...

Oh my goodness this is stunning!!! Well done!!!

Lohan said...

Oh yes it's beautiful! Well done.

Trish Bee said...

Blooming gorgeous!! I love the leaves! Beautiful colours and yum texture!! I saw your link on my Creative Cards group, if you fancy joining my other group were we have regular challenges why not pop along? The url is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Art-Venture/

Jennifer said...

This is amazing! The coloring is beautiful and the texture ... I so want to touch it LOL! You did a great job!

Cindy Roland said...

You did GOOOOOD!!!! Love this!

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Hi Lori,

This is awesome! Love the colors and the texture.

sherresartmusings said...

Perfect piece for fall!

Eastjewels said...

Lori......your work is awsome, could I link your blog to mine?

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fabulous work!!

Seth said...

This is a beautiful piece. The colors and textures are really wonderful. Great job. Seth

Heather Robinson said...

This just glows...what a wonderful technique...so glad that you shared.