Pages

Halloween Project


I had to make a pumpkin for a contest at work. I love vintage Halloween and I saw a similar project in a magazine. So I decided to give it a go! He is made with 3 craft pumpkins that were spray painted black. A feather boa around his neck to keep him warm. Rather then carving his face we used a textured paste to create it. His hat is made from card stock that I swiped with gold ink and made black dots. Large chenille stems for his arms and a clay flower pot for the base. It was fun and I love him! No we did not win the district contest but what the heck! He was getting banged up at work and losing his parts. I brought him home for safe keeping! He stands nearly 3 feet tall!

4 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

perfect!!!

Beverly Kaye said...

Love that little black pumpkin! Hope the trick or treaters get to see him too!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That little guy looks like a winner to me!

Linda East said...

Oh wow Lori...how cute is this little guy...you are so clever.
Linda (Okla)