Pages

Halloween ATC's

I wanted to play a little last night.
I had this mosaic background
stamp sitting on my desk and
thought that could be fun! So
I cut up some cardboard for
the ATC's and covered them
with gesso. I then applied chalk inks and heat set them.
I inked up the background stamp with India ink and
stamped the cardboard. It looked pretty good.
The images are from Altered Pages and I love the
that I can cut them and use parts of them for the mini
collages. I also love using Stickles on my ATC's! The last
one "Halloween Magic" was almost a flop. Against my
better judgement I bought an off brand of gesso and
was so disappointed. Never do that again. Well it is so thin
that you need to apply six coats before it works. So
I slapped it on REAL thick and decided to use my heat gun.
Well of course it bubbled and curdled and looked great!
So I kept doing it until I had some cool lines going on.
Then I applied more chalk inks. More bubbling! YAY!
So I got out some coordinating embossing powder
and applied that to it. WOW! Now were talking.
Glued on my image and words and of course
more Stickles!!! It was a good relaxing night with just
plain fun for me!

No comments: